What to do if you’ve lost your pet
- Metro Animal Care and Control is Nashville/Davidson County’s open admission animal center. If you have lost your pet in Davidson County, MACC is your resource. Visit MACC’s Lost & Found website. Also, MACC has a useful Lost & Found Resources page.
- There are numerous resources for people to post online about their lost pet. Does your neighborhood have a Next Door website, Facebook Lost and Found Pet Pages.
- Here are some tips from Humane Society US, and ASPCA that will help you in your search for your lost pet.
- Lastly, while we do not handle very many “lost” pets, we will from time to time have strays at NHA. You can notify the Nashville Humane Association; complete a lost pet report describing the pet’s:
- Appearance: breed, coat type, ears, tail, age, weight, sex, color, etc.
- Identification: tags, microchip, etc.
- Location: where your pet lives, when and where your pet was last seen
- Email the report to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include a photo of the pet