Nashville Humane Association (NHA) is dedicated to advocating responsible pet ownership by way of providing resources to the community when in need. We believe by providing these resources we are able to ensure an informed and responsible community and in this – families who are able to care for their pets without the need for rehoming. We have created a comprehensive directory to aid families in utilizing and recognizing these resources. While we seek to promote what resources may be utilized, we are not affiliated with the companies and or organizations listed.
In this directory you’ll find:
- Low-cost spay and neuter and low-cost medical clinics.
- Access to financial aid directories and grant organizations for those in need.
- Food Bank programs to assist your pet.
- Fostering programs which assist pets belonging to the homeless, military and those facing domestic violence.
- Pet-friendly housing directories and articles which assist those facing breed or pet discrimination.
- Boarding facilities and in-home service providers.
- Articles to assist in managing unwanted behaivors for both dogs and cats.
- Trainers both online and in the Nashville area.
Directory of Resources
The Nashville Humane Association (NHA) believes in helping the greatest number of animals within the guise of our available resources, which is why we utilize a managed placement process. Managed Placement regulates the flow of incoming animals, allowing NHA staff to give more individualized attention to the animals in our care, our partners and those who seek to rehome. While NHA and surrounding shelters may be an option for placement, we belive you are your pet’s greatest advocate and their best option in finding a new home! We emphasize and advocate direct adoption as this allows the least stressful transition for the animal – often in contrast to the shelter environment which commonly amplifies anxiety, aggression and illness. For more information on rehoming your pet, click the button below.