Your Donation Dollars at Work
From natural disaster relief, to supporting rescues of cruelty and hoarding cases, to our community food bank, to transporting pets to support overpopulated local and rural shelters, to thousands of perfect matches and forever memories annually, Nashville Humane is here to support the pets and pet-people in our community. And we couldn’t do it without your support. None of it.
As an entirely gift-based 501c(3) not-for-profit, Nashville Humane Association relies entirely on the support of donors and programming to perform our lifesaving work. We’re not a government funded facility. We do not have a supporting national organization. For more than 75 years, we’ve been serving Nashville and middle Tennessee as a local, neighborhood shelter. And we wouldn’t want it any other way.
It’s because of your support that we’re able to save thousands of animals and have a 99% annual save rate. It’s because of your support that we’re able to rescue pets from hoarding and abuse cases, and say “yes” when so many others say no. It’s because of your support that we fight every day for pets in need.
That’s Nashville Humane. And that’s your donor dollars at work.
NHA At a Glance
- 3,604 shelter pets were adopted into loving homes (2,546 dogs & 1,058 cats) in 2022!
- The shelter also celebrated 3,746 total live outcomes
- For the fifth year in a row, we celebrated a save-rate of 99 percent
- Our average length of stay was 10 days for dogs and 13 days for cats
- We assisted 58 unique urban and rural shelter partners
- 2,670 total animals benefited from NHA’s transport program
- Including 1,732 pets from right here in our own backyard at local urban and rural shelters
- Our medical team helped 126 neonatal kitties, and 572 heartworm positive dogs
- We assisted on 11 major cruelty/neglect cases, rescuing 263 pets in the process
- Our Safety Net program provided assistance for 5,404 pets and 3,186 families
- Through our Food Bank and Community Food Program we distributed more than 19 TONS of pet food