**UPDATE COVID19 / Digital Adoption From Foster
Since March 17, due to the necessity to socially distance, we have closed our public operations, and as a result we have changed the way we do adoptions. To see the available pets for adoption, visit our ADOPT A DOG and ADOPT A CAT pages.
Almost all of these animals are currently in foster homes and awaiting adoption. We have employed a digital meet-and-greet process using Zoom/Skype/FaceTime so you can meet your potentially match from the comfort of your own home.
Here’s how it works:
- Take a look at the available adoptables.
- If you see some furry friend that may strike your fancy and you’d like to me, just send an email to email@example.com with the SUBJ line: “Interested in Meeting _______”
- At that point we’ll provide you additional instructions on how to meet and greet digitally, as well as answer any additional questions you may have.
- If there’s a match, someone from our Pet Services team will instruct you only then to complete an application. YOU DO NOT need to complete an application in advance.
- Once your application is accepted, we’ll set it up the curbside contact-free adoption at the shelter and help make everything happen!
How can I view the adoptable pets?
Great! You can go here to view the animals that are currently available for adoption: nashvillehumane.org/adopt
Can I visit the shelter and meet the pets?
Not right now, the shelter will reopen some day though. But as for now, we have been closed to the public since March 17. In the meantime we are employing virtual meet and greets via Zoom/Facetime where you can virtually meet the pet and speak with the foster.
Is there anything I can do to change the process or skip ahead in line like call the shelter, or send a DM on Facebook?
No. As we are limited with staff during COVID we thank you for your patience in waiting approximately 48 to 72 hours. Thank you!
The adoption process at NHA is friendly, educational and rewarding! Animals come to us looking for a forever home, and we make certain to give them their best shot. All animals in our Adoption Program, while at NHA, receive spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, and veterinary treatment. And of course, lots of love!
Now, it’s your turn to love them forever. Noticing that we use the word “forever” a lot? Well, it is really important to us that our pets find a permanent home! Therefore, adoption applicants are carefully screened and must meet adoption requirements prior to taking your new furry friend home.